Import Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook l A Comprehensive Guide for You
The entire article explains how to import Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook on both Mac and Windows operating systems. Both Operating Systems are used by users nowadays.
As a result, we’ve decided to outline the entire MBOX to PST conversion process in both Windows and Mac OS X. First and foremost, we must comprehend the need of converting MBOX emails to Outlook.
The Benefits of Importing MBOX to Outlook
We can’t open MBOX files directly in Microsoft Outlook. We must now convert the MBOX files to the Outlook-compatible PST format with verified solution MBOX to PST converter software. MBOX files can be converted to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 versions in a variety of methods. This includes the following:
MBOX files only store emails in the correct format. MS Outlook mailboxes, on the other hand, hold emails, address books, diaries, events, and calendars, among other things.
Mailbox data in PST is organized into components like as emails, attachments, address books, events, appointments, notes, and so on.
We don’t utilize the internet to view downloaded emails, and we can also operate offline with Outlook because it doesn’t require network connectivity to start.
Let’s start with the user’s question, which is as follows:
“I’m a forensic investigator,” she says. I normally look through files to see if there is any proof of a problem. One of my clients provided me MBOX files a few days ago, and I need to go through them. All of these files were created on a Mac operating system, which I do not have. So, I’d like to know how to open Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook. Is there any other method to complete the migration? We’ll do everything we can to follow the leads!”
We looked into the whole situation and discovered a few conversion procedures for importing MBOX file messages into Outlook.
Method 1: Manually Export Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook
There are three stages to manually exporting MBOX to Outlook:
Step 1: Set up a Gmail account in Outlook and customize it.
- Give your Gmail account credentials, which will act as a mediator between the two files.
- Open and launch Mozilla Thunderbird email client, then pick Mail >> Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- To add a new mail account, select the Accounts option in the current wizard.
- Select the Plus icon and then add your Gmail account to Thunderbird.
- Choose Google from the service provider window, then click the Continue button.
- Select the Next button after entering your Gmail.
- Select the mailbox that will be used in your Gmail account and Thunderbird, then hit the Done button.
- Add a Gmail account to the Account screen, as seen on the left side of the screen.
- Exit the current window and re-enter your Thunderbird password.
- Once you’ve successfully added a Gmail account to Mozilla Thunderbird, click the right mouse button and choose the configured Gmail account’s mailbox, then select the New-Mailbox option.
- After that, press the OK button.
Step 2: Open Mozilla Thunderbird and Import MBOX Files.
- Follow the steps outlined below to open your MBOX file.
- Right-click Local Folders in Thunderbird and choose Settings.
- Copy the Local Directory path to your computer and open it there.
- To this location, copy the MBOX file(s).
- Mozilla Thunderbird should be restarted.
- The MBOX folder will be accessible from the Local Folders section.
- Select all messages to be opened in Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the messages to be exported by pressing the right button.
- If we don’t require to save the mail copies in Mozilla Thunderbird, click Move to. Alternatively, select Copy To and copy the emails from the MBOX folder to the Gmail folder.
- Keep track of live messages that are copied, and verify the details of duplicated MBOX messages simply if they are completed.
Step 3: Transfer the Email to Outlook.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose Outlook >> Preferences from the menu.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, choose Accounts.
- In front of you, you can see a magician. Select mail by clicking the (+) icon.
- Choose Add Account and enter the login account and password from your Mozilla Thunderbird mail account.
- All MBOX messages will appear here once the account has been connected to Outlook.
- Open a Gmail account that has been previously set up in Microsoft Outlook.
- In Mozilla Thunderbird, create a new account and import the MBOX data.
- Outlook displays a list of all MBOX messages.
Method 2: Outlook MBOX Mail Import
In Windows and Mac, you can manually import MBOX files into Outlook.
Importing MBOX files into Outlook for Mac is not possible. All the user has to do is upload the MBOX files to Gmail and then download the files from Gmail to Outlook.
In these cases, using the Mac edition of the MBOX Converter utility to import Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook is the best option.
Method 3: Convert MBOX to Outlook Files
You’re bored with the manual procedure because it’s so long and time-consuming. As a result, we’ve developed an automated solution called MBOX to PST Converter. The tool includes a few fantastic features that captivate users, such as the ability to convert email things from selected folders, which is unique in the market.
You can also save the MBOX file in a variety of formats, including EML, PST, NSF, MSG, and others. The software even provides users with round-the-clock support and HTML email production.
In conclusion, It is evident how to import MBOX to Outlook from the above-mentioned article. There is a clear path for users to follow in order to complete the procedure. Otherwise, consumers can use a third-party program.